Dabigatran Etexilate Tablet: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT DABIGATRAN ETEXILATE
DABIGATRAN ETEXILATE uses
DABIGATRAN ETEXILATE belongs to a group of medicines called anticoagulants. It is used to prevent and treat blood clot formation.
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR DABIGATRAN ETEXILATE
• Take DABIGATRAN ETEXILATE irrespective of meals daily at the same time for best results.
• DABIGATRAN ETEXILATE is not recommended for children and adolescents.
• Your doctor will check your kidney functioning before starting the treatment with DABIGATRAN ETEXILATE as some kidney problems may increase the risk of bleeding.
• You are recommended not to take alcohol along with DABIGATRAN ETEXILATE. Together they may bring up very unpleasant side effects.
• Inform your doctor if you have an increased bleeding risk because DABIGATRAN ETEXILATE may cause bruising or bleeding.
• Keep your doctor informed about taking DABIGATRAN ETEXILATE before going for any surgery as DABIGATRAN ETEXILATE might increase the risk of bleeding.
• Always keep your doctor informed about the ongoing medications or the ones which you have taken in the past, including over-the-counter medicines and herbal medicines.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How does DABIGATRAN ETEXILATE work?
A. DABIGATRAN ETEXILATE is an anticoagulant and is used to treat and prevent blood clots. DABIGATRAN ETEXILATE reduces the clotting proteins activity in the blood and prevents blood clots from developing.
Q. How does DABIGATRAN ETEXILATE help?
A. DABIGATRAN ETEXILATE reduces the risk of stroke by preventing blood clots formation in brain and blood vessels in patients suffering from irregular heart rhythm (Non-valvular atrial fibrillation). Additionally, it is used to prevent recurrence of blood clots in veins of legs and lungs after hip replacement surgery.
Q. Can I take anti-inflammatory drugs while using DABIGATRAN ETEXILATE?
A. No, it is advised not to take anti-inflammatory drugs while using DABIGATRAN ETEXILATE. DABIGATRAN ETEXILATE with anti-inflammatory drugs might increase the risk of bleeding and might also increase the time for bleeding to stop. Check with your doctor before taking any medicines.
Q. Does DABIGATRAN ETEXILATE cause bleeding?
A. Yes, DABIGATRAN ETEXILATE may cause bleeding as DABIGATRAN ETEXILATE is a blood thinner drug which lowers the chance of blood clot forming. Sometimes, bleeding may be serious and can lead to death. So, you are advised to check with your doctor immediately if you observe headache, dizziness, pain, swelling, unusual bruising or bleeding, blood in stool or urine, unusual nose bleeds or vaginal bleeding.
Q. Can I stop taking DABIGATRAN ETEXILATE on my own?
A. Always check with your doctor before you stop taking DABIGATRAN ETEXILATE. This is because DABIGATRAN ETEXILATE when stopped in the midway can increase the risk of developing a blood clot.