Cyclopentolate: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT CYCLOPENTOLATE
CYCLOPENTOLATE belongs to the class of mydriatics (dilate pupils). CYCLOPENTOLATE is used for eye tests.
• Eye irritation
• Blurred vision
• Red eyes
• Watery eyes
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR CYCLOPENTOLATE
• Apply CYCLOPENTOLATE into each eye as directed by your doctor. Check the label for directions before using CYCLOPENTOLATE.
• You are recommended to wash your hands before and after using CYCLOPENTOLATE.
• Please do not touch the dropper tip to the eye or surrounding areas as it may contaminate CYCLOPENTOLATE.
• Do not swallow CYCLOPENTOLATE as it is meant for use only in the eyes. In case of accidental swallowing, please consult a doctor immediately.
• You are recommended to maintain a time gap of 15 minutes between using any other eye drops and CYCLOPENTOLATE.
• Inform your doctor if you have glaucoma (high pressure in the eye) or other eye problems before taking CYCLOPENTOLATE.
• Discard CYCLOPENTOLATE after 28 days of first opening the bottle.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) How does CYCLOPENTOLATE work?
A) CYCLOPENTOLATE is a mydriatic (dilate pupil). CYCLOPENTOLATE works by blocking muscarinic receptors (involved in controlling pupil size and shape of the lens) in the eye muscles and dilates pupil. Thereby, helps in eye testing by enlarging eye pupil. Also, CYCLOPENTOLATE paralyses ciliary muscles of the eye that helps eye focus. Thereby, CYCLOPENTOLATE is also used to perform eye tests based on vision especially in children.
Q) Is CYCLOPENTOLATE used to treat eye swelling?
A) Yes, CYCLOPENTOLATE may be used to treat certain types of eye swelling such as iritis (swelling of iris) and uveitis (swelling of eye middle layer).
Q) Can I wear contact lens while using CYCLOPENTOLATE?
A) No, you are not recommended to wear contact lenses while using CYCLOPENTOLATE as CYCLOPENTOLATE contains benzalkonium chloride, a preservative which causes eye irritation and discoloration of soft contact lenses. Therefore, you are advised to insert contact lenses after 15 minutes of applying CYCLOPENTOLATE.
Q) Does CYCLOPENTOLATE cause blurred vision?
A) Yes, CYCLOPENTOLATE may cause blurred vision, light sensitivity or difficulty in focussing. Therefore, you are recommended to avoid driving for 24 hours after taking CYCLOPENTOLATE until your vision is clear.
Q) How to store CYCLOPENTOLATE?
A) Store CYCLOPENTOLATE in refrigerator at 2-8°C before opening. Do not freeze. Before using CYCLOPENTOLATE, store at room temperature for 30 minutes. After opening, store below 25°C. Do not refrigerate. Keep CYCLOPENTOLATE out of reach and sight of children.