CLOPIDOGREL: Uses, Dosage, Side effects, Composition & more - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT CLOPIDOGREL
CLOPIDOGREL is an antiplatelet drug used to prevent blood clots formation. It is mainly used to prevent heart attacks and strokes in persons with cardiovascular disease (heart disease), recent stroke, or blood circulation disorder (peripheral artery disease).
• Abdominal pain
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR CLOPIDOGREL
• Take CLOPIDOGREL with or without food.
• CLOPIDOGREL is not recommended to children under 18 years of age.
• Your doctor will advise you to get blood tests done before and during the treatment to evaluate your health condition.
• Check with your doctor before taking other medication along with CLOPIDOGREL.
• Inform your doctor if you have blood disorder, stomach ulcers, kidney or liver problems.
• Bring to your doctor's notice if you are going to have any surgery or undergone surgery recently as CLOPIDOGREL may increase the risk of bleeding.
• Consult your doctor straight away if you experience fever, extreme tiredness, swelling in the mouth, skin problems or jaundice.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How does CLOPIDOGREL works? A. CLOPIDOGREL is an antiplatelet drug used to prevent blood clots formation. CLOPIDOGREL works by preventing platelets from clumping together and stop them from forming clots. CLOPIDOGREL helps blood to flow smoothly.
Q. While using CLOPIDOGREL, can I take grapefruit or grapefruit juice? A. No, it is not recommended to take grapefruit while using CLOPIDOGREL. Grapefruit might decrease the CLOPIDOGREL effectiveness by preventing from activating, thus may leads to blood clotting. So, please check with your doctor before taking both together.
Q. Can I take anti-inflammatory drugs while using CLOPIDOGREL? A. No, it is recommended to not to take anti-inflammatory drugs while using CLOPIDOGREL. CLOPIDOGREL with anti-inflammatory drugs might increase the risk of bleeding and it increase the time for bleeding to stop. Please ask your doctor before taking anti-inflammatory drugs with CLOPIDOGREL.
Q. Can I take fluconazole with CLOPIDOGREL? A. No drug-drug interactions have been reported between CLOPIDOGREL and fluconazole, but it is advised to check with your doctor before taking any medication.
Q. Dose CLOPIDOGREL prevent heart attack and stroke? A. Yes, CLOPIDOGREL prevent heart attack and stroke by stopping blood clots forming in arteries (blood vessels).
Q. What if I take more than prescribed dose of CLOPIDOGREL? A. It is suggested to take CLOPIDOGREL as prescribed by your doctor. Inform your family members/friends and call your doctor immediately or go to the nearest hospital. Take the medicine strip or bottle with you, even if it is empty or distorted. It may increase the side effects if taken more than prescribed and may not work if taken less than directed. Do not panic if you experience any side effects. Your doctors might ensure your symptoms to subside.