Clonazepam Tablet: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT CLONAZEPAM
CLONAZEPAM is a benzodiazepine that is used to treat epilepsy, anxiety and insomnia.
• Uncoordinated movements
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR CLONAZEPAM
• Do not self-medicate. Take it only when prescribed by a doctor. CLONAZEPAM is a known habit-forming drug.
• CLONAZEPAM should be taken as per doctor's instructions. Taking it during bedtime is beneficial as CLONAZEPAM induces sleepiness and drowsiness.
• Keep a check on your weight while on treatment with CLONAZEPAM.
• Do not hesitate to speak with your doctor if you have trouble in swallowing or breathing, swelling of eyelids, face or lips, rashes, amnesia, jaundice, violent or inappropriate behaviour, nightmares, hallucinations, delusions, restlessness and agitation.
• Also tell your doctor if you have a history of depression or any other mental disorder, hospitalized for mental illnesses, drug or alcohol addiction before taking medicines for severe anxiety.
• You are recommended not to take alcohol along with CLONAZEPAM. Together they bring up very unpleasant side effects.
• Pregnant women or women trying to conceive should discuss with their doctor compulsorily before taking it.
• CLONAZEPAM should not be stopped on your own. Doctor's suggest a time frame depending upon your clinical conditions. Continue and complete the course of CLONAZEPAM even after symptoms of depression subside to ensure complete cure and no relapse of depression.
• Enrolling in activities like yoga, swimming, dancing etc can help in overcoming depression and anxiety. Additionally, breathing exercises (pranayams) have shown remarkable effects in coping up with depression and anxiety.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. What is CLONAZEPAM used for? A. CLONAZEPAM belongs to a group of medicines called benzodiazepines. It is used to treat epilepsy and severe anxiety.
Q. What if I take more than the prescribed dose? A. If you take more than the prescribed dose, immediately inform your family members/friends and call your doctor or go to the nearest hospital. Take the medicine strip or bottle with you, even if it is empty or distorted. Do not panic if you feel drowsy, sleepy, light-headed or uncoordinated body. Your doctors will ensure your symptoms to subside.
Q. What if I forget to take CLONAZEPAM? A. If you forget taking CLONAZEPAM, leave it, then take the next dose on time. Please don’t take the forgotten dose with the next dose as it may lead to harmful effects.
Q. Can I take CLONAZEPAM with omeprazole? A. No, it is not recommended to take CLONAZEPAM with omeprazole.
Q. Is it safe to give CLONAZEPAM to children? A. Yes. CLONAZEPAM can be used to treat epilepsy in children safely. The dose varies depending on the age of the child. Please speak to your doctor about usage of drug in children before doing so.
Q. What happens if I stop taking CLONAZEPAM suddenly? A. Always check with your doctor before stopping the medicine. It is important not to stop taking CLONAZEPAM suddenly. Do not panic if you experience withdrawal symptoms such as insomnia, headache, sweating, muscle pain and feeling anxious, tensed, hypersensitivity, hallucinations. If you experience any of those symptoms, speak with your doctor.