Clomifene Citrate: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT CLOMIFENE CITRATE
CLOMIFENE CITRATE uses
CLOMIFENE CITRATE belongs to group of medicines known as ovulation stimulants. CLOMIFENE CITRATE is used to treat infertility in women who are not ovulating properly. CLOMIFENE CITRATE induces ovulation (egg production) in women.
• Skin rashes
• Feeling dizzy
• Increased pain with periods, heavy periods or bleeding between periods
• Speech problems
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR CLOMIFENE CITRATE
• Take CLOMIFENE CITRATE with or without meal with a glass of water at any time of the day or as specifically advised by the doctor. Do not self-medicate. Take CLOMIFENE CITRATE only when prescribed by a doctor.
• Avoid taking more than two CLOMIFENE CITRATE in a day. And also CLOMIFENE CITRATE should not be taken for more than five days at a time. Please consult your doctor for more details.
• Seek medical help immediately if you experience any allergic reactions like rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, throat, face, or tongue.
• Avoid taking CLOMIFENE CITRATE if you have or had liver diseases, unusual menstrual bleeding, a cyst in your ovary, or if you are pregnant. Consult a doctor before taking CLOMIFENE CITRATE compulsorily.
• Inform your doctor before taking CLOMIFENE CITRATE if you are having an early menopause, fibroids or polycystic ovaries and hypertriglyceridemia.
• Inform your doctor about other medicines you have recently taken herbal medicines. CLOMIFENE CITRATE might affect the working of other medicines. Also, other medicines might affect the working of CLOMIFENE CITRATE.
• CLOMIFENE CITRATE may cause blurred vision. Drive only if you are mentally alert and physically stable after consuming CLOMIFENE CITRATE.
• Always keep your doctor informed about the ongoing medication or the ones which you have taken in the past, including over-the-counter medicines and herbal medicines.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) How does CLOMIFENE CITRATE work? A) CLOMIFENE CITRATE induces ovulation (egg production) in infertile women. CLOMIFENE CITRATE works by stimulating the release of follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH). They are the reproductive hormones which induce the release of eggs (ova) from the ovaries.
Q) Does CLOMIFENE CITRATE cause skin rashes? A) Yes, CLOMIFENE CITRATE might cause allergic reactions. Stop taking CLOMIFENE CITRATE and see your doctor immediately if you find skin rashes, swelling of face, lips, tongue or throat and if you are having breathing/ swallowing problems.
Q) Does CLOMIFENE CITRATE cause stroke? A) Yes, CLOMIFENE CITRATE could lead to a stroke in rare cases. Stop taking CLOMIFENE CITRATE and see your doctor immediately if you experience weakness, numbness, paralysis on one side of the body, slurred speech, blurred vision/spots/flashes in front of the eyes, unsteadiness or confusion. These side-effects could be a sign of stroke.
Q) Does CLOMIFENE CITRATE cause hair loss? A) Yes, hair loss and thinning of hair are side-effects of CLOMIFENE CITRATE. If you find excessive hair loss, please consult your doctor.
Q) Is it safe to use CLOMIFENE CITRATE for long time? A) No, it is not safe to use CLOMIFENE CITRATE for long duration as CLOMIFENE CITRATE may cause ovarian cancer when used for a long time. It is recommended not to take more than three courses of the treatment. If ovulation does not happen after three courses, please consult your doctor.
Q) How to store CLOMIFENE CITRATE? A) Store below 25°C away from heat and sunlight. Keep out of reach and sight of children.