Citicoline Tablet: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT CITICOLINE
CITICOLINE is a neuroprotective drug and it is used in treating Alzheimer’s disease, head trauma, cerebrovascular disease such as stroke, memory loss and Parkinson’s disease.
• Abdominal pain
• Low blood pressure
• Abnormal heart rate
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR CITICOLINE
• Take CITICOLINE with or after food daily at same time for best results.
• CITICOLINE is not recommended during pregnancy and breast feeding as there is no enough information about the safety.
• Always check with your doctor before taking other medication along with CITICOLINE.
• Inform your doctor if you have high blood pressure, heart disease and hypertonia (extreme tension of the muscles which makes stretching difficult due to damage of motor nerve pathways in the central nervous system).
• Consult your doctor straight away if you experience sudden onset of rash, itching, swelling in your hands or face, swelling or tingling in your throat or mouth, chest tightness or trouble breathing.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How does CITICOLINE work? A. Low levels of acetylcholine cause brain disorders or damage. Brain uses choline for acetylcholine synthesis. CITICOLINE works as a phosphatidylcholine precursor and produce acetylcholine.
Q. Can I take antidepressants with CITICOLINE? A. No, it is not suggested to take antidepressants with CITICOLINE as they may affect acetylcholine levels, so please check with your doctor before taking two together.
Q. Is CITICOLINE an antiepileptic? A. No, CITICOLINE is a neuroprotective drug which is used in treating Alzheimer’s disease, head trauma, cerebrovascular disease such as stroke, memory loss and Parkinson’s disease.
Q. What if I forget to take CITICOLINE? A. First, try not to miss a dose of CITICOLINE as medicinal compliance is a very important. If you forget to take CITICOLINE, skip that dose and take the regular dose the next time. Do not take the forgotten dose with the prescribed dose. It may cause increase the effect of CITICOLINE and cause unwanted side effects.
Q. How to store CITICOLINE? A. Do not store CITICOLINE above 30°C and store away from heat and sunlight. Keep out of reach and sight of children. Do not freeze the medication.