Chlorpheniramine: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT CHLORPHENIRAMINE
CHLORPHENIRAMINE is an antihistamine used to control the symptoms of allergic conditions which include urticaria, hay fever, food allergy, drug and serum reactions, insect bites, nasal inflammation with running nose and fluid build-up in the tissues below the skin.
• Blurred vision
• Allergic reactions(skin rashes)
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR CHLORPHENIRAMINE
• Take CHLORPHENIRAMINE in the evening or night irrespective of meals for best results.
• Do not give it to children under 6 years of age until and unless prescribed by a child specialist.
• Consumption of alcohol and smoking along with CHLORPHENIRAMINE is not recommended.
• Check with your doctor if you are planning to conceive or pregnant. Breast feeding mothers are also advised not to take CHLORPHENIRAMINE without consulting a doctor.
• Be cautious while driving and engaging in activities which require mental and physical coordination. CHLORPHENIRAMINE can cause mild drowsiness and sleepiness.
• Keep your doctor informed if you have or had any previous history of heart, kidney, liver diseases ,epilepsy or seizures.
• Speak with your doctor instantly if you are experiencing unusual swelling, rashes or fluctuations in heartbeats.
• Keep your doctor informed if you are taking any other medicine along with CHLORPHENIRAMINE to avoid unpleasant drug-drug interactions.
• If your symptoms persists like wheezing, bronchitis, allergic rhinitis increase inspite of taking the medicine for more than 3-4 days, then check with your doctor immediately. There are very high chances that allergic symptoms have gone uncontrolled.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) Does CHLORPHENIRAMINE cause drowsiness/sleepiness? A) No, CHLORPHENIRAMINE is not so prone to cause drowsiness or sleepiness and is among the mostly used drug in daytime, but some patients do experience this effect. If you feel excessive drowsiness please talk to your doctor, so that your doctor may change your dose or he/she may suggest other medications so that you can work effectively in the day time without any hinderance.
Q) Are Benadryl and CHLORPHENIRAMINE same? A) No, Benadryl and CHLORPHENIRAMINE are different from each other. And additionally, it is not advised to take these two medications together. Using CHLORPHENIRAMINE with Benadryl may increase side effects such as drowsiness, dizziness, confusion and difficulty in concentrating. Especially the elderly people may also experience impairment in thinking and judgment.
Q) Can I use CHLORPHENIRAMINE for itching or allergy? A) Yes, CHLORPHENIRAMINE is an antihistamine which helps in treating itching, sneezing and congestion. It is also used to treat allergic symptoms such as watery eyes, runny nose. However, Sometimes antihistamines may not reduce all the itching and allergy symptoms. Please consult a doctor if your symptoms does not subside.
Q) Can I stop taking CHLORPHENIRAMINE on my own? A) No, it is not recommended to stop taking CHLORPHENIRAMINE on your own even though you are feeling well. Continue taking CHLORPHENIRAMINE for as long as your doctor have prescribed this medication as this may help you to recover completely.