Chlordiazepoxide: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT CHLORDIAZEPOXIDE
CHLORDIAZEPOXIDE is a benzodiazepine that is used to treat anxiety disorder, muscle spasms, insomnia and alcohol withdrawal symptoms.
• Slurred speech
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR CHLORDIAZEPOXIDE
• Do not self-medicate. Take it only when prescribed by a doctor. Ideally not taken after 4 weeks of treatment.
• CHLORDIAZEPOXIDE should be taken as per doctor's instructions. It is best to take it during bedtime as CHLORDIAZEPOXIDE induces sleepiness and drowsiness.
• Keep your doctor informed if you have or had heart, kidney and liver diseases.
• Do not hesitate to speak with your doctor if you have trouble in swallowing or breathing, swelling of eyelids, face or lips, rashes, amnesia, jaundice, violent or inappropriate behaviour, nightmares, hallucinations, delusions, restlessness and agitation.
• Also tell your doctor if you have a history of depression or any other mental disorder, hospitalized for mental illnesses, drug or alcohol addiction before taking medicines for severe anxiety.
• You are recommended not to take alcohol along with CHLORDIAZEPOXIDE. Together they bring up very unpleasant side effects.
• Pregnant women or women trying to conceive should discuss with their doctor compulsorily before taking it.
• CHLORDIAZEPOXIDE is a known drug which can cause addiction and dependency hence other methods of coping up with anxiety, insomnia and panic disorders should be also taken into consideration in accordance with a doctor/therapist.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) What is CHLORDIAZEPOXIDE used for? A) CHLORDIAZEPOXIDE belongs to a group of medicines called benzodiazepines. CHLORDIAZEPOXIDE is used for short term relief from anxiety, muscle spasms, symptoms of alcohol withdrawal and insomnia.
Q) What if I take more than the prescribed dose? A) If you take more than the prescribed dose, inform your family members and call your doctor immediately or go to the nearest hospital. Take the medicine strip with you, even if it is empty or distorted. Take a family member with you to the hospital for your Safety.
Q) What if I forget to take CHLORDIAZEPOXIDE? A) If you forget to take CHLORDIAZEPOXIDE, skip that dose and take the regular dose the next time. Do not take the forgotten dose with the prescribed dose. It may cause increase the effect of CHLORDIAZEPOXIDE and cause unwanted side effects.
Q) When can I stop taking CHLORDIAZEPOXIDE? A) Always check with your doctor before stopping the medicine. Your doctor will gradually decrease the dose, to prevent any withdrawal effects. It is important not to stop taking CHLORDIAZEPOXIDE suddenly. If you stop suddenly, you may experience withdrawal symptoms such as lack of sleep, depression, nervousness, irritability, restlessness, extreme anxiety, headache, sweating, diarrhoea, muscle pain and changes in behaviour. If you experience any of those symptoms, do not panic and speak with your doctor.
Q) Can I take CHLORDIAZEPOXIDE with blood pressure (antihypertensives)? A) No, it may not be Safe to take CHLORDIAZEPOXIDE with antihypertensive.
Q) Is it safe to give CHLORDIAZEPOXIDE to children? A) No, it is not safe to treat children with CHLORDIAZEPOXIDE.
Q) Can I take CHLORDIAZEPOXIDE with medicines for allergy? A) No, it is not recommended to take CHLORDIAZEPOXIDE with antihistamines. They cause sedation and make you sleepy. If you take CHLORDIAZEPOXIDE with antihistamines, they cause you excessive drowsiness during daytime.