CEPODOX 100MG TAB
CEPODOX 100MG TABLET
by Pharmatech Healthcare
Sold By Channel partners and fulfiled by Zoylo.com
Composition of CEPODOX 100MG TABLET
Unsafe when combined with alcohol. Follow your physician's advice.
- Unsafe and do not drive while using
- Safe for pregnant women
- Safe for lactating women
- Unsafe and risky for patients with renal issues. Follow your physician's advice.
In case of any Itching, redness, swelling or difficulty in breathing please refer to a physician or hospital immediately.
CEFPODOXIME 100 MG
Uses of CEPODOX 100MG TABLET
CEPODOX 100MG TABLET belongs to a class of antibiotics called cephalosporins. CEPODOX 100MG TABLET is used to treat several bacterial infections like tonsillitis, sinusitis, otitis media and pneumonia.
Special Instructions for CEPODOX 100MG TABLET
• CEPODOX 100MG TABLET can be taken with or without food. Take CEPODOX 100MG TABLET as per doctor’s prescription. Do not use CEPODOX 100MG TABLET without prescription even if you want to treat a similar illness.
• Avoid heavy meals while taking CEPODOX 100MG TABLET as it will affect the way the medicine works and you may also experience stomach upset with CEPODOX 100MG TABLET, avoid dairy and milk products. Take light, and non-spicy meals.
• Take CEPODOX 100MG TABLET with precaution if you have ever had inflammation of your bowel or any other severe disease affecting your gut and if you have kidney failure.
• Avoid taking CEPODOX 100MG TABLET if are allergic to or ever had severe allergic reaction to penicillin, monobactams and carbapenems.
• Inform your doctor if you have intolerance to sugars like lactose and sucrose.
• Avoid taking CEPODOX 100MG TABLET with other medications like antacids and anti-ulcer treatments (such as ranitidine and cimetidine). Maintain a gap of 2-3 hours between CEPODOX 100MG TABLET and the above medications.
• Complete the full course of antibiotic and do not leave it in the mid-way despite symptomatic relief. It may take 7-12 days for the infection to disappear completely.
• Keep your doctor informed if you are taking any other medication along with CEPODOX 100MG TABLET.
• Do not hesitate to contact your doctor if you are experiencing sudden onset of raised and itchy rash, swelling, sometimes of the face or mouth causing difficulty in breathing.
• Always keep your doctor informed about the ongoing medication or the ones which you have taken in the past, including over-the-counter medicines and herbal medicines.
Antibiotics CEPODOX 100MG TABLET is risky for patients allergic to antibiotics. Follow your physician's advice.
Anticoagulants CEPODOX 100MG TABLET is risky for patients allergic to anticoagulants. Follow your physician's advice.
Pain Killers Insufficient scientific evidence for impact of CEPODOX 100MG TABLET on patients allergic to pain killers. Follow your physician's advice.
Chemotherapy drugs CEPODOX 100MG TABLET is risky for patients allergic to chemo drugs. Follow your physician's advice.
Anticonvulsants Insufficient scientific evidence for impact of CEPODOX 100MG TABLET on patients allergic to anticonvulsants. Follow your physician's advice.
Sulfa Drugs Insufficient scientific evidence for impact of CEPODOX 100MG TABLET on patients allergic to sulpha drugs. Follow your physician's advice.
INTERACTION WITH COMMON CONDITIONS
supervision required for kidney Dose should be supervised. Follow your physican's advice.
safe for pregnancy CEPODOX 100MG TABLET is safe for pregnant women.
unknown for heart Insufficient scienticfic evidence for impact of CEPODOX 100MG TABLET on cardiac patients. Follow your physician's advice
safe for liver CEPODOX 100MG TABLET is safe for patients with liver issues.
safe for lactation CEPODOX 100MG TABLET is safe for lactating women.
safe for children CEPODOX 100MG TABLET is safe for children.
unknown for seniors Insufficient scienticfic evidence for impact of CEPODOX 100MG TABLET on elderly patients. Follow your physician's advice
Smoking Insufficient scienticfic evidence for impact of CEPODOX 100MG TABLET with nicotine. Follow your physician's advice.
Caffeine Insufficient scienticfic evidence for impact of CEPODOX 100MG TABLET on driving. Follow your physician's advice.
Vision Insufficient scienticfic evidence for impact of CEPODOX 100MG TABLET on vision. Follow your physician's advice.
Overdose Overdose of CEPODOX 100MG TABLET is highly unsafe. Seek emergency medical attention.
Driving Do not drive while using CEPODOX 100MG TABLET.
Exercise No information is available on the effect of CEPODOX 100MG TAB on patients who are allergic to antibiotics. If you have a history of any such issues or observe any side-effects, please consult a doctor before using CEPODOX 100MG TAB
Operating Heavy Machinery Do not operate heavy machinery while using CEPODOX 100MG TABLET.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) How does CEPODOX 100MG TABLET help?
A) CEPODOX 100MG TABLET helps by stopping the growth of bacteria by inhibiting the formation of bacterial cell wall. Hence leading to the death of the harmful bacteria eventually and curtailing the infection.
Q) Does CEPODOX 100MG TABLET cause allergic reactions?
A) Yes, allergic reactions may occur as a side effect of CEPODOX 100MG TABLET. However, these side effects are rarely reported. In case you are experiencing the following then inform your doctor right away without any further delay. Following WHAT??
Q) Can I stop taking CEPODOX 100MG TABLET on my own?
A) No, CEPODOX 100MG TABLET should not be stopped on your own. Stopping the medicine midway can lead to recurring of the infection. In case of any discomfort, discuss with your doctor and check if you can discontinue.
Q)Does CEPODOX 100MG TABLET used to treat flu?
A)No, antibiotics such as CEPODOX 100MG TABLET will not work for flu, or other viral infections. Using antibiotics when they are not needed may increase your risk of getting infection later that resists antibiotic treatment.
Q)Does CEPODOX 100MG TABLET alter any blood or urine test?
A)Yes, CEPODOX 100MG TABLET is known to alter some blood test and urine test results such as Fehling’s test, cross-matching blood test and the comb’s test. Please inform your doctor if you are undergoing any of these test while you are on CEPODOX 100MG TABLET medication.
Q)How to store CEPODOX 100MG TABLET?
A)Do not store CEPODOX 100MG TABLET above 25°C and store it away from heat and sunlight. Store it in room temperature and do not freeze it. Store CEPODOX 100MG TABLET reconstituted suspension in a refrigerator (2°C - 8°C) for not more than 10 days. Discard any remaining liquid after 10 days. Keep out of the sight and reach of the children.