Cefuroxime Sodium Injection: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT CEFUROXIME SODIUM
CEFUROXIME SODIUM uses
CEFUROXIME SODIUM belongs to the class of cephalosporin antibiotics. CEFUROXIME SODIUM is used to treat wide range of bacterial infections.
• Pain, redness and swelling at the injection site
• Allergic reactions
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR CEFUROXIME SODIUM
• Do not self-medicate. CEFUROXIME SODIUM is to be given by a doctor or nurse.
• If you notice swelling of lips, eyelids or face and skin rashes with itching, inform your doctor as these may be signs of allergic reaction to CEFUROXIME SODIUM.
• Bring to your doctors notice about all the ongoing or past medicines you have taken.
• It is recommended to consult a doctor immediately if you develop severe diarrhoea with blood in stools.
• Inform your doctor if you have any kidney problems.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How does CEFUROXIME SODIUM help? A. CEFUROXIME SODIUM helps by fighting several bacterial infections, thereby prevents bacteria from growing. CEFUROXIME SODIUM acts by inhibiting the synthesis of bacterial cell wall and treats throat, lungs, middle ear, sinus, urinary tract, soft tissues and skin infections.
Q. How do you inject CEFUROXIME SODIUM? A. CEFUROXIME SODIUM is usually injected into a muscle or vein. However, you are suggested to take CEFUROXIME SODIUM only under doctors supervision.
Q. Can I take CEFUROXIME SODIUM if I am allergic to penicillin? A. No, you are advised not to take CEFUROXIME SODIUM if you had severe allergic reaction to penicillin because you may develop unwanted side-effects such as itchy rash, swollen face or difficulty in breathing. However, consult your doctor before taking CEFUROXIME SODIUM.
Q. Can I take furosemide with CEFUROXIME SODIUM? A. No, you are not advised to take furosemide with CEFUROXIME SODIUM. Taking together might increase the risk of hearing loss or kidney problems. However, you are suggested to consult your doctor before taking CEFUROXIME SODIUM.