CEFUROXIME AXETIL: Uses, Dosage, Side effects, Composition & more - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT CEFUROXIME AXETIL
CEFUROXIME AXETIL uses
CEFUROXIME AXETIL belongs to the class of cephalosporin antibiotics. CEFUROXIME AXETIL is used to treat wide range of bacterial infections such as throat, lungs, middle ear, sinus, urinary tract, soft tissues and skin infections. Additionally, CEFUROXIME AXETIL is also used in the treatment of Lyme disease, an infection spread by ticks parasites.
• Stomach pain
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR CEFUROXIME AXETIL
• Take CEFUROXIME AXETIL after food to reduce stomach upset.
• Bring to your doctor’s notice, all the ongoing or past medicines you have taken.
• You are strongly recommended not to take CEFUROXIME AXETIL more than the prescribed dose as it may lead to neurological disorders like fits.
• If you experience swelling of the face or mouth and itchy rash, please contact your doctor immediately as these might be signs of allergic reaction. Also keep your doctor informed if you are allergic to CEFUROXIME AXETIL.
• You are advised not to drive after taking CEFUROXIME AXETIL as it affects your alertness and may make you feel dizzy.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How does CEFUROXIME AXETIL work?
A. CEFUROXIME AXETIL helps by fighting several bacterial infections and preventing bacteria from growing. CEFUROXIME AXETIL works by inhibiting the synthesis of bacterial cell wall and treats throat, lungs, middle ear, sinus, urinary tract, soft tissues and skin infections.
Q. Can I take oral contraceptives (birth control pills) with CEFUROXIME AXETIL?
A. No, it is not advised to take CEFUROXIME AXETIL with oral contraceptives as they may not work effectively, so you are advised to use other means of contraception along with contraceptive pill. However, it is advised to consult a doctor before taking CEFUROXIME AXETIL.
Q. Is CEFUROXIME AXETIL safe for children?
A. No, CEFUROXIME AXETIL is not recommended for children below 3 months. However, CEFUROXIME AXETIL can be safe if taken as prescribed by the doctor to treat children of 3 months and older.
Q. Does CEFUROXIME AXETIL alter blood tests results?
A. Yes, CEFUROXIME AXETIL may significantly alter your blood tests results. You are advised to inform your doctor before undergoing tests.
Q. Can I take CEFUROXIME AXETIL if I am allergic to penicillin?
A. No, you are advised not to take CEFUROXIME AXETIL if you are allergic to penicillin because you may develop unwanted side-effects such as itchy rashes, swollen face or may have difficulty in breathing.
Q. Can I stop taking CEFUROXIME AXETIL on my own?
A. No, please do not stop taking CEFUROXIME AXETIL on your own. It is an antibiotic and full medication has to be completed. Leaving it in the midway can lead to recurring infection. In case of any discomfort, discuss with your doctor for probable solutions.