Cefuroxime Axetil: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT CEFUROXIME AXETIL
CEFUROXIME AXETIL uses
CEFUROXIME AXETIL belongs to the class of cephalosporin antibiotics. CEFUROXIME AXETIL is used to treat wide range of bacterial infections such as throat, lungs, middle ear, sinus, urinary tract, soft tissues and skin infections. Additionally, CEFUROXIME AXETIL is also used in the treatment of Lyme disease, an infection spread by ticks parasites.
• Stomach pain
• Feeling sick
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR CEFUROXIME AXETIL
• You are advised to take CEFUROXIME AXETIL after food to reduce stomach upset.
• Shake the bottle well before use.
• You can also take CEFUROXIME AXETIL by diluting in milk or cold fruit juices. But you are recommended to avoid mixing CEFUROXIME AXETIL with hot liquids.
• You are strongly recommended not to take more than the prescribed dose as it may lead to neurological disorders like fits.
• If you experience swelling of the face or mouth and itchy rash, please consult your doctor immediately as these might be signs of severe allergic reaction. Also keep your doctor informed if you are allergic to CEFUROXIME AXETIL.
• You are advised to drive after taking CEFUROXIME AXETIL only if you are alert. Because CEFUROXIME AXETIL may affect your alertness and make you dizzy.
• Complete full course of CEFUROXIME AXETIL as prescribed by your doctor even if you have symptomatic relief. Discontinuing CEFUROXIME AXETIL in the middle of the course might lead to recurring infection.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How does CEFUROXIME AXETIL help? A. CEFUROXIME AXETIL is a cephalosporin antibiotic. CEFUROXIME AXETIL acts by inhibiting the synthesis of bacterial cell wall thereby prevents bacteria from growing and treats the infection caused by bacteria.
Q. Can I take oral contraceptives (birth control pills) with CEFUROXIME AXETIL? A. No, you are not recommended to take CEFUROXIME AXETIL with oral contraceptives as they may not work effectively, so you are advised to use other means of contraception along with contraceptive pill. However, you are advised to consult a doctor before taking CEFUROXIME AXETIL with other medicines.
Q. Is it Safe to give CEFUROXIME AXETIL to children? A. No, CEFUROXIME AXETIL is not recommended for children below 3 months. However, CEFUROXIME AXETIL can be Safe if taken as prescribed by your doctor for treating children of 3 months and older.
Q. Does CEFUROXIME AXETIL alter blood tests results? A. Yes, CEFUROXIME AXETIL may significantly alter your blood tests results. You are advised to inform your doctor before undergoing tests.
Q. Can I take CEFUROXIME AXETIL if I am allergic to penicillin? A. No, you are advised not to take CEFUROXIME AXETIL if you are allergic to penicillin because it may cause unwanted side-effects such as itchy rash, swollen face or difficulty in breathing.