CEFUROXIME AXETIL: Uses, Dosage, Side effects, Composition & more - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT CEFUROXIME AXETIL
CEFUROXIME AXETIL uses
CEFUROXIME AXETIL belongs to the class of cephalosporin antibiotics. CEFUROXIME AXETIL is used to treat wide range of bacterial infections.
• Pain, redness and swelling at the injection site
• Allergic reactions
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR CEFUROXIME AXETIL
• Do not self-medicate. CEFUROXIME AXETIL is to be given by a doctor or nurse.
• If you notice swelling of lips, eyelids or face and skin rashes with itching, inform your doctor as these may be signs of allergic reaction to CEFUROXIME AXETIL.
• It is recommended to consult a doctor immediately if you develop severe diarrhoea with blood in stools.
• Inform your doctor if you have any kidney problems.
• Bring to your doctor's notice about all the ongoing medications before taking CEFUROXIME AXETIL.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How does CEFUROXIME AXETIL help? A. CEFUROXIME AXETIL helps by fighting several bacterial infections, thereby prevents bacteria from growing. CEFUROXIME AXETIL acts by inhibiting the synthesis of bacterial cell wall and treats throat, lungs, middle ear, sinus, urinary tract, soft tissues and skin infections.
Q. How do you inject CEFUROXIME AXETIL? A. CEFUROXIME AXETIL is usually injected into a muscle or vein. However, you are suggested to take CEFUROXIME AXETIL only under doctor's supervision.
Q. Can I take CEFUROXIME AXETIL if I am allergic to penicillin? A. No, you are advised not to take CEFUROXIME AXETIL if you had severe allergic reaction to penicillin because you may develop unwanted side-effects such as itchy rash, swollen face or difficulty in breathing. However, consult your doctor before taking CEFUROXIME AXETIL.
Q. Can I take furosemide with CEFUROXIME AXETIL? A. No, you are not advised to take furosemide with CEFUROXIME AXETIL. Taking together might increase the risk of hearing loss or kidney problems. However, you are suggested to consult your doctor before taking CEFUROXIME AXETIL.