Cefpodoxime: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT CEFPODOXIME
CEFPODOXIME belongs to a class of antibiotics called cephalosporins. It is used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections.
• Nausea & Vomiting
• Stomach pain
• Skin reactions
• Flatulence & diarrhoea
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR CEFPODOXIME
• Take CEFPODOXIME can be taken irrespective of meals or with a light meal to avoid stomach upset.
• Avoid heavy meals while taking CEFPODOXIME it will affect the way the medicine works and also you may experience stomach upset with CEFPODOXIME, avoid dairy and milk products. Take light, and non-spicy meals.
• Complete the full course of antibiotic do not leave it in the mid-way despite symptomatic relief. It may take 7-12 days for the infection to disappear completely.
• Keep your doctor informed if you are taking any other medication along with CEFPODOXIME.
• Do not hesitate to contact your doctor if you are experiencing sudden onset of rashes or swelling in the face, lips, mouth, throat or entire body.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) How does CEFPODOXIME help? A) CEFPODOXIME helps by stopping the growth of bacteria by inhibiting the formation of bacterial cell wall. Hence leading to the death of the harmful bacteria eventually and curtailing the infection.
Q) Does CEFPODOXIME cause allergic reactions? A) Yes, allergic reactions may occur as a side effect of CEFPODOXIME. However, these side effects are rarely reported. Incase you are experiencing the following then inform your doctor right away without any further delay.
Q) Can I take CEFPODOXIME without food? A) CEFPODOXIME can be taken irrespective of meals. However, taking it with a light meal will always help you avoid stomach upset.
Q) Can I stop taking CEFPODOXIME on my own? A) No, CEFPODOXIME should not be stopped on your own. Stopping the medicine mid-way can lead to recurring of the infection. Incase you feel any discomfort discuss with your doctor and check if you can discontinue.