Cefpodoxime Dry Syrup: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT CEFPODOXIME
CEFPODOXIME belongs to a class of antibiotics called cephalosporins. CEFPODOXIME is used to treat several bacterial infections like tonsillitis, sinusitis, otitis media and pneumonia.
• Nausea and vomiting
• Loss of appetite
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR CEFPODOXIME
• CEFPODOXIME can be taken with or without food. Take CEFPODOXIME as per doctor’s prescription. Do not use CEFPODOXIME without prescription even if you want to treat a similar illness.
• Avoid heavy meals while taking CEFPODOXIME as it will affect the way the medicine works and you may also experience stomach upset with CEFPODOXIME, avoid dairy and milk products. Take light, and non-spicy meals.
• Take CEFPODOXIME with precaution if you have ever had inflammation of your bowel or any other severe disease affecting your gut and if you have kidney failure.
• Avoid taking CEFPODOXIME if are allergic to or ever had severe allergic reaction to penicillin, monobactams and carbapenems.
• Inform your doctor if you have intolerance to sugars like lactose and sucrose.
• Avoid taking CEFPODOXIME with other medications like antacids and anti-ulcer treatments (such as ranitidine and cimetidine). Maintain a gap of 2-3 hours between CEFPODOXIME and the above medications.
• Complete the full course of antibiotic and do not leave it in the mid-way despite symptomatic relief. It may take 7-12 days for the infection to disappear completely.
• Keep your doctor informed if you are taking any other medication along with CEFPODOXIME.
• Do not hesitate to contact your doctor if you are experiencing sudden onset of raised and itchy rash, swelling, sometimes of the face or mouth causing difficulty in breathing.
• Always keep your doctor informed about the ongoing medication or the ones which you have taken in the past, including over-the-counter medicines and herbal medicines.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) How does CEFPODOXIME help?
A) CEFPODOXIME helps by stopping the growth of bacteria by inhibiting the formation of bacterial cell wall. Hence leading to the death of the harmful bacteria eventually and curtailing the infection.
Q) Does CEFPODOXIME cause allergic reactions?
A) Yes, allergic reactions may occur as a side effect of CEFPODOXIME. However, these side effects are rarely reported. In case you are experiencing the following then inform your doctor right away without any further delay. Following WHAT??
Q) Can I stop taking CEFPODOXIME on my own?
A) No, CEFPODOXIME should not be stopped on your own. Stopping the medicine midway can lead to recurring of the infection. In case of any discomfort, discuss with your doctor and check if you can discontinue.
Q)Does CEFPODOXIME used to treat flu?
A)No, antibiotics such as CEFPODOXIME will not work for flu, or other viral infections. Using antibiotics when they are not needed may increase your risk of getting infection later that resists antibiotic treatment.
Q)Does CEFPODOXIME alter any blood or urine test?
A)Yes, CEFPODOXIME is known to alter some blood test and urine test results such as Fehling’s test, cross-matching blood test and the comb’s test. Please inform your doctor if you are undergoing any of these test while you are on CEFPODOXIME medication.
Q)How to store CEFPODOXIME?
A)Do not store CEFPODOXIME above 25°C and store it away from heat and sunlight. Store it in room temperature and do not freeze it. Store CEFPODOXIME reconstituted suspension in a refrigerator (2°C - 8°C) for not more than 10 days. Discard any remaining liquid after 10 days. Keep out of the sight and reach of the children.