Cefotaxime Injection: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT CEFOTAXIME
CEFOTAXIME belongs to the class of cephalosporin antibiotics. CEFOTAXIME is used to treat wide range of severe bacterial infections of the stomach, blood, bones, heart valves and membranes of the brain.
• Pain at the injection site
• Feeling sick
• Stomach pain
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR CEFOTAXIME
• Check with your doctor before taking CEFOTAXIME if you are on a diet with low salt.
• If you develop blistering of the skin, itching or rash, you are advised to stop taking CEFOTAXIME and immediately consult a doctor as it may be due to a skin reaction such as Stevens-Johnson syndrome.
• If you are taking CEFOTAXIME for more than 10 days, you are recommended to get your blood tests done regularly.
• If the solution appears to be cloudy or contains any particles, do not use the solution.
• After reconstitution, please discard the unused solution. CEFOTAXIME is for one time use only.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. Can I take CEFOTAXIME if I am allergic to penicillin? A. No, you are advised not to take CEFOTAXIME if you are allergic to penicillin because you may develop unwanted side-effects such as itchy rash, swollen face or throat, difficulty in breathing.
Q. How do you administer CEFOTAXIME? A. CEFOTAXIME is generally given as an intramuscular (into muscle) or intravenous (into a vein) injection or infusion. CEFOTAXIME is generally given by a doctor or nurse.
Q. Does CEFOTAXIME cause diarrhoea? A. Yes, CEFOTAXIME may cause diarrhoea. However, if the condition persists or worsens such as watery diarrhoea or blood in the stools, please consult your doctor.
Q. Can I take CEFOTAXIME with other medicines? A. No, it is advised not to take CEFOTAXIME with other medicines such as furosemide, streptomycin, neomycin, gentamycin, mezlocillin, azlocillin and probenecid as it may affect the working of CEFOTAXIME or other medicines.
Q. Does CEFOTAXIME alter laboratory tests results? A. Yes, CEFOTAXIME may significantly alter your urine tests results if you are diabetic. You are advised to inform your doctor before undergoing tests.