Cefixime: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT CEFIXIME
CEFIXIME belongs to the class cephalosporins. CEFIXIME is an antibiotic used for treating bacterial infections of the ear, nose, throat, chest, urinary tract and gonorrhea (sexually transmitted disease).
• Stomach upset
• abdominal discomfort
• Nausea and vomiting
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR CEFIXIME
• Take CEFIXIME can be taken irrespective of meals or with a light meal to avoid stomach upset.
• Avoid heavy meals while taking CEFIXIME it will affect the way the medicine works and also you may experience stomach upset with CEFIXIME, avoid dairy and milk products. Take light, and non-spicy meals.
• Complete the full course of antibiotic do not leave it in the mid-way despite symptomatic relief. It may take 7-12 days for the infection to disappear completely.
• keep your doctor informed if you are taking any other medication along with CEFIXIME.
• Do not hesitate to contact your doctor if you are experiencing sudden onset of rashes or swelling in the face, lips, mouth, throat or entire body.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) Can I give CEFIXIME to children?
A) CEFIXIME should not be given to children under 10 years of age. Parents should only give CEFIXIME to their children until and unless it has been prescribed that too by a child specialist. While on CEFIXIME if your child suffers from nose bleeds and bruises inform your doctor right away.
Q) Can CEFIXIME help to treat Urinary tract infections?
A) Yes CEFIXIME is very useful in not only in treating urinary tract infections but also kidney infections and cystitis. However, do not self-diagnose and self-medicate yourself.
Q) Can I stop taking CEFIXIME on my own?
A) No, do not stop taking CEFIXIME on your own. Stopping the medicine in the midway can lead to recurring of a ber infection. In case you feel any discomfort. Discuss with your doctor.
Q) Who should avoid taking CEFIXIME?
A) CEFIXIME can be safely taken when it has been prescribed by a doctor however, children, elderly and patients with chronic kidney and liver diseases should take it minimum required lower doses and with caution.
Q) Can CEFIXIME cause convulsions?
A) Yes, CEFIXIME is known to cause convulsions in some people taking it. You are requested to remain alert of your condition and in case you feel convulsions inform your doctor right away.