Cefadroxil Tablet: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT CEFADROXIL
CEFADROXIL is an antibiotic. CEFADROXIL is used in the treatment of certain infections caused by bacteria including infections of lungs, middle ear, sinus, skin, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infections, bone and joint infections.
• Nausea and vomiting
• Allergic reaction
• Stomach pain
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR CEFADROXIL
1. Take CEFADROXIL with food to avoid stomach upset.
2. You are strongly recommended to take CEFADROXIL in prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor/pharmacist.
3. Diarrhea may occur as a side effect with CEFADROXIL, but it will stop when your course is completed. Please consult your doctor if diarrhea does not stop or if you find blood in your stools.
4. Keep your doctor informed if you have or had any previous history of heart, kidney or liver diseases.
5. If you are taking CEFADROXIL and you experience dizziness, drowsiness, tiredness or any visual disturbances, you must not drive or use machinery.
6. Consumption of alcohol is not recommended while taking CEFADROXIL as it may cause excessive drowsiness or increased risk of liver damage.
7. Do not take CEFADROXIL if you are allergic to it. If you experience skin rash or swelling of the face or throat, please contact your doctor immediately.
8. Always keep your doctor informed about the ongoing medication or the ones which you have taken in the past, including over-the-counter medicines and herbal medicine.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) How does CEFADROXIL work?
A) CEFADROXIL is an antibiotic. It works by interfering with the ability of bacteria to form cell wall which is essential for the survival of bacteria. It helps to treat bacterial infections effectively.
Q) Can I use CEFADROXIL after expiry?
A) No, it is not recommended to use CEFADROXIL after expiry. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month and the efficacy of the medicine is reduced after the expiry date. Please return the unused medicine for the pharmacy to dispose or properly dispose it yourself.
Q) Does CEFADROXIL cause diarrhoea?
A) Yes, diarrhoea may occur as a side effect of CEFADROXIL. Drinking plenty of fluids and eating light non-spicy meals would be helpful. Please consult your doctor if you are suffering from severe diarrhoea.
Q) Is CEFADROXIL medicine an antibiotic/steroid?
A) CEFADROXIL is an antibiotic. CEFADROXIL is used to treat bacterial infection such as infections of lungs, sinus, middle ear, skin, soft tissues, respiratory tract, urinary tract, bones and joints.
Q) Does CEFADROXIL treat ear pain?
A) Yes, CEFADROXIL is an antibiotic used for the treatment of middle ear. CEFADROXIL is also used in other bacterial infections.
Q) How to store CEFADROXIL?
A) CEFADROXIL should not be stored above 25°C and should be kept away from moisture and heat. Store it in room temperature and do not freeze it. Keep out of the reach and sight of children. Keep CEFADROXIL in the pack it came in or in the container and close it tightly to avoid contamination. Please dispose the unused medicine.