CEDON DRY SYP
CEDON DRY SYP
by Blue Cross Laboratories Ltd
Sold By Channel partners and fulfiled by Zoylo.com
Composition of CEDON DRY SYP
Dry Syrup CEFPODOXIME
Unsafe when combined with alcohol. Follow your physician's advice.
- Unsafe and do not drive while using
- Safe for pregnant women
- Safe for lactating women
- Unsafe and risky for patients with renal issues. Follow your physician's advice.
In case of any Itching, redness, swelling or difficulty in breathing please refer to a physician or hospital immediately.
CEFPODOXIME 50 MG
Uses of CEDON DRY SYP
CEDON DRY SYP belongs to a class of antibiotics called cephalosporins. CEDON DRY SYP is used to treat several bacterial infections like tonsillitis, sinusitis, otitis media and pneumonia.
Special Instructions for CEDON DRY SYP
• CEDON DRY SYP can be taken with or without food. Take CEDON DRY SYP as per doctor’s prescription. Do not use CEDON DRY SYP without prescription even if you want to treat a similar illness.
• Avoid heavy meals while taking CEDON DRY SYP as it will affect the way the medicine works and you may also experience stomach upset with CEDON DRY SYP, avoid dairy and milk products. Take light, and non-spicy meals.
• Take CEDON DRY SYP with precaution if you have ever had inflammation of your bowel or any other severe disease affecting your gut and if you have kidney failure.
• Avoid taking CEDON DRY SYP if are allergic to or ever had severe allergic reaction to penicillin, monobactams and carbapenems.
• Inform your doctor if you have intolerance to sugars like lactose and sucrose.
• Avoid taking CEDON DRY SYP with other medications like antacids and anti-ulcer treatments (such as ranitidine and cimetidine). Maintain a gap of 2-3 hours between CEDON DRY SYP and the above medications.
• Complete the full course of antibiotic and do not leave it in the mid-way despite symptomatic relief. It may take 7-12 days for the infection to disappear completely.
• Keep your doctor informed if you are taking any other medication along with CEDON DRY SYP.
• Do not hesitate to contact your doctor if you are experiencing sudden onset of raised and itchy rash, swelling, sometimes of the face or mouth causing difficulty in breathing.
• Always keep your doctor informed about the ongoing medication or the ones which you have taken in the past, including over-the-counter medicines and herbal medicines.
Antibiotics CEDON DRY SYP is risky for patients allergic to antibiotics. Follow your physician's advice.
Anticoagulants CEDON DRY SYP is risky for patients allergic to anticoagulants. Follow your physician's advice.
Pain Killers Insufficient scientific evidence for impact of CEDON DRY SYP on patients allergic to pain killers. Follow your physician's advice.
Chemotherapy drugs CEDON DRY SYP is risky for patients allergic to chemo drugs. Follow your physician's advice.
Anticonvulsants Insufficient scientific evidence for impact of CEDON DRY SYP on patients allergic to anticonvulsants. Follow your physician's advice.
Sulfa Drugs Insufficient scientific evidence for impact of CEDON DRY SYP on patients allergic to sulpha drugs. Follow your physician's advice.
INTERACTION WITH COMMON CONDITIONS
supervision required for kidney Dose should be supervised. Follow your physican's advice.
safe for pregnancy CEDON DRY SYP is safe for pregnant women.
unknown for heart Insufficient scienticfic evidence for impact of CEDON DRY SYP on cardiac patients. Follow your physician's advice.
safe for liver CEDON DRY SYP is safe for patients with liver issues.
safe for lactation CEDON DRY SYP is safe for lactating women.
safe for children CEDON DRY SYP is safe for children.
unknown for seniors Insufficient scienticfic evidence for impact of CEDON DRY SYP on elderly patients. Follow your physician's advice.
Smoking Insufficient scienticfic evidence for impact of CEDON DRY SYP with nicotine. Follow your physician's advice.
Caffeine Insufficient scienticfic evidence for impact of CEDON DRY SYP on driving. Follow your physician's advice.
Vision Insufficient scienticfic evidence for impact of CEDON DRY SYP on vision. Follow your physician's advice.
Overdose Overdose of CEDON DRY SYP is highly unsafe. Seek emergency medical attention.
Driving Do not drive while using CEDON DRY SYP.
Exercise No information is available on the effect of CEDON DRY SYP on patients who are allergic to antibiotics. If you have a history of any such issues or observe any side-effects, please consult a doctor before using CEDON DRY SYP
Operating Heavy Machinery Do not operate heavy machinery while using CEDON DRY SYP.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) How does CEDON DRY SYP help?
A) CEDON DRY SYP helps by stopping the growth of bacteria by inhibiting the formation of bacterial cell wall. Hence leading to the death of the harmful bacteria eventually and curtailing the infection.
Q) Does CEDON DRY SYP cause allergic reactions?
A) Yes, allergic reactions may occur as a side effect of CEDON DRY SYP. However, these side effects are rarely reported. In case you are experiencing the following then inform your doctor right away without any further delay. Following WHAT??
Q) Can I stop taking CEDON DRY SYP on my own?
A) No, CEDON DRY SYP should not be stopped on your own. Stopping the medicine midway can lead to recurring of the infection. In case of any discomfort, discuss with your doctor and check if you can discontinue.
Q)Does CEDON DRY SYP used to treat flu?
A)No, antibiotics such as CEDON DRY SYP will not work for flu, or other viral infections. Using antibiotics when they are not needed may increase your risk of getting infection later that resists antibiotic treatment.
Q)Does CEDON DRY SYP alter any blood or urine test?
A)Yes, CEDON DRY SYP is known to alter some blood test and urine test results such as Fehling’s test, cross-matching blood test and the comb’s test. Please inform your doctor if you are undergoing any of these test while you are on CEDON DRY SYP medication.
Q)How to store CEDON DRY SYP?
A)Do not store CEDON DRY SYP above 25°C and store it away from heat and sunlight. Store it in room temperature and do not freeze it. Store CEDON DRY SYP reconstituted suspension in a refrigerator (2°C - 8°C) for not more than 10 days. Discard any remaining liquid after 10 days. Keep out of the sight and reach of the children.