by Blue Cross Laboratories Ltd
Sold By Channel partners and fulfiled by Zoylo.com
Composition of CEDON DROPS
Unsafe and do not drive while using
Safe for pregnant women
Safe for lactating women
Administer only under physicians guidance/ Continuous observation required
In case of any Itching, redness, swelling or difficulty in breathing please refer to a physician or hospital immediately.
CEFPODOXIME 50 MG
Uses of CEDON DROPS
CEDON DROPS belongs to a class of antibiotics called cephalosporins. CEDON DROPS is used to treat several bacterial infections like tonsillitis, sinusitis, otitis media and pneumonia.
Special Instructions for CEDON DROPS
• CEDON DROPS can be taken with or without food. Take CEDON DROPS as per doctor’s prescription. Do not use CEDON DROPS without prescription even if you want to treat a similar illness.
• Avoid heavy meals while taking CEDON DROPS as it will affect the way the medicine works and you may also experience stomach upset with CEDON DROPS, avoid dairy and milk products. Take light, and non-spicy meals.
• Take CEDON DROPS with precaution if you have ever had inflammation of your bowel or any other severe disease affecting your gut and if you have kidney failure.
• Avoid taking CEDON DROPS if are allergic to or ever had severe allergic reaction to penicillin, monobactams and carbapenems.
• Inform your doctor if you have intolerance to sugars like lactose and sucrose.
• Avoid taking CEDON DROPS with other medications like antacids and anti-ulcer treatments (such as ranitidine and cimetidine). Maintain a gap of 2-3 hours between CEDON DROPS and the above medications.
• Complete the full course of antibiotic and do not leave it in the mid-way despite symptomatic relief. It may take 7-12 days for the infection to disappear completely.
• Keep your doctor informed if you are taking any other medication along with CEDON DROPS.
• Do not hesitate to contact your doctor if you are experiencing sudden onset of raised and itchy rash, swelling, sometimes of the face or mouth causing difficulty in breathing.
• Always keep your doctor informed about the ongoing medication or the ones which you have taken in the past, including over-the-counter medicines and herbal medicines.
Antibiotics CEDON DROPS is risky for patients allergic to antibiotics. Follow your physician's advice.
Anticoagulants CEDON DROPS is risky for patients allergic to anticoagulants. Follow your physician's advice.
Pain Killers Insufficient scientific evidence for impact of CEDON DROPS on patients allergic to pain killers. Follow your physician's advice.
Chemotherapy drugs CEDON DROPS is risky for patients allergic to chemo drugs. Follow your physician's advice.
Anticonvulsants Insufficient scientific evidence for impact of CEDON DROPS on patients allergic to anticonvulsants. Follow your physician's advice.
Sulfa Drugs Insufficient scientific evidence for impact of CEDON DROPS on patients allergic to sulpha drugs. Follow your physician's advice.
INTERACTION WITH COMMON CONDITIONS
supervision required for kidney Dose should be supervised. Follow your physican's advice.
safe for pregnancy CEDON DROPS is safe for pregnant women.
unknown for heart Insufficient scienticfic evidence for impact of CEDON DROPS on cardiac patients. Follow your physician's advice.
safe for liver CEDON DROPS is safe for patients with liver issues.
safe for lactation CEDON DROPS is safe for lactating women.
safe for children CEDON DROPS is safe for children.
unknown for seniors Insufficient scienticfic evidence for impact of CEDON DROPS on elderly patients. Follow your physician's advice.
Smoking Insufficient scienticfic evidence for impact of CEDON DROPS with nicotine. Follow your physician's advice.
Caffeine Insufficient scienticfic evidence for impact of CEDON DROPS on driving. Follow your physician's advice.
Vision Insufficient scienticfic evidence for impact of CEDON DROPS on vision. Follow your physician's advice.
Overdose Overdose of CEDON DROPS is highly unsafe. Seek emergency medical attention.
Driving Do not drive while using CEDON DROPS.
Exercise No information is available on the effect of CEDON DROPS on patients who are allergic to antibiotics. If you have a history of any such issues or observe any side-effects, please consult a doctor before using CEDON DROPS
Operating Heavy Machinery Do not operate heavy machinery while using CEDON DROPS.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) How does CEDON DROPS help?
A) CEDON DROPS helps by stopping the growth of bacteria by inhibiting the formation of bacterial cell wall. Hence leading to the death of the harmful bacteria eventually and curtailing the infection.
Q) Does CEDON DROPS cause allergic reactions?
A) Yes, allergic reactions may occur as a side effect of CEDON DROPS. However, these side effects are rarely reported. In case you are experiencing the following then inform your doctor right away without any further delay. Following WHAT??
Q) Can I stop taking CEDON DROPS on my own?
A) No, CEDON DROPS should not be stopped on your own. Stopping the medicine midway can lead to recurring of the infection. In case of any discomfort, discuss with your doctor and check if you can discontinue.
Q)Does CEDON DROPS used to treat flu?
A)No, antibiotics such as CEDON DROPS will not work for flu, or other viral infections. Using antibiotics when they are not needed may increase your risk of getting infection later that resists antibiotic treatment.
Q)Does CEDON DROPS alter any blood or urine test?
A)Yes, CEDON DROPS is known to alter some blood test and urine test results such as Fehling’s test, cross-matching blood test and the comb’s test. Please inform your doctor if you are undergoing any of these test while you are on CEDON DROPS medication.
Q)How to store CEDON DROPS?
A)Do not store CEDON DROPS above 25°C and store it away from heat and sunlight. Store it in room temperature and do not freeze it. Store CEDON DROPS reconstituted suspension in a refrigerator (2°C - 8°C) for not more than 10 days. Discard any remaining liquid after 10 days. Keep out of the sight and reach of the children.