Carvedilol Tablet: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT CARVEDILOL
CARVEDILOL belongs to a group of medicines called beta-blockers. CARVEDILOL is used in the treatment of high blood pressure, angina and heart failure in combination with other medicines.
• Heart failure
• Low blood pressure
• Upper respiratory tract infections
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR CARVEDILOL
• Take CARVEDILOL with or right after a meal as directed by your doctor once daily.
• Depending on your age, weight and condition your doctor will decide the dosage. Do not self- medicate. Elderly people should take it in lower doses as prescribed by the doctor.
• A low-fat diet along with exercising is highly recommended to enhance and compliment treatment with CARVEDILOL.
• Consumption of alcohol along with CARVEDILOL is not recommended.
• CARVEDILOL is not recommended for children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
• Do not take CARVEDILOL if you are planning to conceive or are pregnant. Breast-feeding mothers are also advised not to take it without consulting a doctor.
• Avoid taking CARVEDILOL if you have been told that you have a very slow heartbeat, if you have very low blood pressure.
• Keep your doctor informed if you have or had any previous history of heart, kidney or liver diseases.
• Take CARVEDILOL with precaution if you are suffering from any of these disease conditions like bronchial asthma, diabetes mellitus, heart rhythm disorder, mild or moderate circulatory disturbances, overactive thyroid gland, and psoriasis.
• Speak to your doctor instantly if you have sudden dip in blood pressure, severe allergic rashes and swelling in the ankle, face, lips or mouth or extreme tiredness with muscle weakness while taking CARVEDILOL.
• Your doctor may discontinue or change the medicine.
• Avoid taking CARVEDILOL if you have a history of wheezing due to asthma or other lung diseases, if you have been told you have very severe heart failure and you have fluid retention (swelling).
• Avoid taking CARVEDILOL if you are currently being treated with injections of verapamil or diltiazem.
• Drive only if you are mentally alert and physically stable after consuming CARVEDILOL.
• Do not stop CARVEDILOL suddenly without consulting your doctor. It may pose a risk of high blood pressure and related cardiac problems.
• Regularly monitor blood pressure levels to prevent low blood pressure.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) How does CARVEDILOL work? A) CARVEDILOL belongs to a class of drugs known as beta blockers. CARVEDILOL works by relaxing and widening the blood vessels. This makes it easier for the heart to pump blood around the body and reduces blood pressure and strain on the heart.
Q) Does CARVEDILOL cause weight gain? A) Yes, CARVEDILOL can cause weight gain as it slows down the metabolism to a certain extent. Exercising regularly and keeping a check on diet would be helpful while you are taking CARVEDILOL.
Q) Can I stop taking CARVEDILOL on my own? A) Do not stop taking CARVEDILOL on your own as it may lead to chest pain, along with variation in blood pressure and even heart attack. Subsequent dose reduction is recommended provided it comes from a doctor. In case you are feeling any discomfort while taking CARVEDILOL feel free to discuss with your doctor to prescribe you alternated medicines.
Q) Can I take CARVEDILOL if I have kidney problem? A) No, you are recommended to avoid taking CARVEDILOL after consulting a doctor. CARVEDILOL can be harmful for people with impaired kidney functions and can damage the kidney further.
Q) How can I take missed dose of CARVEDILOL? A) You are strongly advised not to miss the dose of CARVEDILOL. In case, you miss the dose take as soon as possible. Please do not double the dose. Please follow the dosage chart exactly how your doctor has prescribed.
Q) Can I take CARVEDILOL if I am diabetic? A) You are advised to take CARVEDILOL with caution if you have diabetes. CARVEDILOL can make your sugar levels worse or you can lose control over your blood sugar levels. You are advised to take CARVEDILOL with special care or under supervision of your doctor.
Q) Does CARVEDILOL cause eye problems? A) Yes, one can experience eye irritation, eye dryness and reduced lacrimation. These side effects may cause visual disturbance. You are advised to not perform any strenuous activity or drive if you experience the above. In case of extreme discomfort, please speak to your doctor.
Q) Does CARVEDILOL cause hair loss? A) Yes, one can experience hair loss as a side-effect in people taking CARVEDILOL. If you are already suffering from hair loss you must take care of your hair by natural remedies. It is not necessary for all people to experience hair loss as a side-effect.
Q) How to store CARVEDILOL? A) Do not store CARVEDILOL above 30°C. Keep CARVEDILOL out of the sight and reach of children.