BROMHEXINE: Uses, Dosage, Side effects, Composition & more - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT BROMHEXINE
BROMHEXINE is a mucolytic agent (which clears mucus from lungs). It reduces the thickness of sputum. BROMHEXINE is used to treat conditions with abnormal mucus secretion such as common cold, influenza and infections of the respiratory tract. Taking BROMHEXINE facilitates the patient to breathe freely and deeply.
• Difficulty in breathing
• Skin Rash
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR BROMHEXINE
• Take BROMHEXINE tablet as instructed by your doctor. Do not exceed recommended dosage.
• Children and elderly should not take it without doctor's recommendation.
• BROMHEXINE is not recommended during sudden and severe asthma attacks. Because BROMHEXINE does not bring instant relief in asthma hence people should not take it during asthma attacks.
• Additionally, while taking BROMHEXINE you are recommended to take frequent sips of warm water along with BROMHEXINE for quicker relief. Also try not to expose yourself to any kind of smoke or pollutants.
• Inform your doctor if you have or had any previous history of heart, kidney or liver.
• Any abnormal swelling, rashes or fluctuations in heart rate while taking BROMHEXINE should be reported to the physician.
• Consumption of alcohol along with BROMHEXINE is not recommended.
• Check with your doctor once before taking any other medicine along with BROMHEXINE. To avoid unwanted drug-drug interactions.
• If there is no symptomatic improvement and cough and mucus secretions do not go away inspite of taking BROMHEXINE for a week inform your doctor, he/she may prescribe you some other medication. Do not take BROMHEXINE beyond two weeks.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) Why is BROMHEXINE prescribed? A) BROMHEXINE is prescribed mainly to treat conditions in patients with abnormal mucus secretion such as a common cold, infections of the respiratory tract, influenza, etc. BROMHEXINE helps in thinning down the mucus secretions hence facilitates the patient to breathe freely and deeply.
Q) Does BROMHEXINE reduces cough? A) Yes, BROMHEXINE is known to help in reducing cough. BROMHEXINE increases muco-ciliary clearance and reduces cough and mucus secretions. It helps to break down thick, sticky chest phlegm (mucus), making it easier to cough out mucus. It is suggested to drink plenty of warm fluids or take a hot steam inhalations to help break down the mucus(phlegm) and make it easier to clear bronchial and airway passages.
Q) Can I take BROMHEXINE on my own? A) No, it is not recommended to take BROMHEXINE on your own. Check with your doctor once before taking it.
Q) Is BROMHEXINE available over the counter (OTC)? A) No, it is a prescription drug and it is recommended to be taken as advised by your doctor. BROMHEXINE is available for use in the treatment of diseases like asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).