Bicalutamide: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT BICALUTAMIDE
BICALUTAMIDE belongs to the class of anti-androgens. BICALUTAMIDE is used to treat prostate cancer.
• Stomach pain
• Swelling and tenderness of breasts
• Loss of appetite
• Reduced sex drive
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR BICALUTAMIDE
• Take BICALUTAMIDE irrespective of the meals daily at the same time for best results.
• Regular blood tests are recommended to monitor any changes in blood while taking BICALUTAMIDE.
• Seek medical help immediately if you experience difficulty in breathing, itchy skin rash, swelling of face, lips, throat or tongue as these might be signs of an allergic reaction.
• Drive only if you are alert as BICALUTAMIDE may cause drowsiness.
• Inform your doctor if you have liver or heart problems before taking BICALUTAMIDE.
• Keep your doctor informed about all the ongoing medications before taking BICALUTAMIDE.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How does BICALUTAMIDE work? A. BICALUTAMIDE is an anti-androgen. BICALUTAMIDE blocks the effects of male hormones such as testosterone. BICALUTAMIDE works by inhibiting testosterone from binding to the androgen receptors present on prostate cancer cells. Thereby, prevents the growth of cancer cells and helps in treating prostate cancer.
Q. Can I take BICALUTAMIDE with cisapride? A. No, you are not recommended to take BICALUTAMIDE with cisapride as it may increase the levels of BICALUTAMIDE in blood and result in adverse effects such as dizziness, irregular heartbeat or fainting. However, please consult a doctor before taking BICALUTAMIDE with other medicines.
Q. Does BICALUTAMIDE cause weight gain? A. Yes, BICALUTAMIDE may cause weight gain. BICALUTAMIDE may lead to low levels of testosterone resulting in increased body fat and weight gain. Regular exercise and maintaining healthy diet are recommended while taking BICALUTAMIDE to control weight changes. However, if you notice abnormal weight gain, please consult a doctor.
Q. Does BICALUTAMIDE affect blood sugar levels? A. Yes, BICALUTAMIDE may cause increase in blood sugar levels. Therefore, regular blood tests are recommended while taking BICALUTAMIDE to monitor blood sugar levels.
Q. Does BICALUTAMIDE affect liver? A. Yes, BICALUTAMIDE may affect liver sometimes. BICALUTAMIDE may cause yellowing of skin or eyes. Therefore, regular blood tests are recommended to monitor liver functioning while taking BICALUTAMIDE. However, if you notice these symptoms, please consult a doctor immediately.