Betahistine: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT BETAHISTINE
BETAHISTINE is a histamine analogue that is used to treat vertigo and Meniere's disease.
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR BETAHISTINE
• Take BETAHISTINE with light meal and not on empty stomach as BETAHISTINE may cause mild stomach problems. Taking BETAHISTINE with food can reduce the possible stomach problems.
• Before taking BETAHISTINE inform your doctor if you have pheochromocytoma, peptic ulcer, asthma, skin rash, common cold, low blood pressure
• Also keep your doctor informed if you are taking other medications, especially, antihistamines and antidepressants.
• Check with your doctor if you are pregnant or planning for pregnancy or breastfeeding
• BETAHISTINE may make you sleepy or dizzy. Be careful while driving or don’t drive the vehicle or operate machinery if you are not feeling completely alright.
• Do not hesitate to speak with your doctor if you experience swelling of your face, lips or tongue, low blood pressure, loss of consciousness, skin rashes and difficulty breathing
• Incase you are feeling any discomfort while taking BETAHISTINE discuss with your doctor do not stop BETAHISTINE on your own.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) What is BETAHISTINE used for? A) BETAHISTINE is a histamine analogue. It acts on the inner ear and helps in maintaining balance and in vertigo. It is used to treat vertigo, tinnitus (ringing sound in the ears), loss or difficulty in hearing in Meniere's disease.
Q) What if I take more than the prescribed dose? A) If you take more than the prescribed dose, inform your family members/friends and call your doctor immediately or go to the nearest hospital. Take the medicine strip or bottle with you, even if it is empty or distorted. Do not panic if you feel nauseous, drowsy/sleepy or have stomach pain. Take your family member/friend with you to the hospital. Your doctors will ensure your symptoms to subside.
Q) What if I forget to take BETAHISTINE? A) If you forget to take BETAHISTINE, wait until the next dose is due and take the next dose on time. Please don't take the forgotten dose with the next dose. This double dosing can cause unwanted side effects.
Q) Can I take BETAHISTINE with levocetirizine? A) No, it is not recommended to take BETAHISTINE with antihistamines such as levocetirizine. This may lead to suppression of the effect of BETAHISTINE.
Q) Is it safe to give BETAHISTINE to children? A) No, BETAHISTINE is not safe for children.
Q) Can I stop taking BETAHISTINE once I feel better? A) No, do not stop taking BETAHISTINE when you feel better. Always check with your doctor before you stop taking BETAHISTINE. Your doctor may want you to continue the medication even when you feel better.
Q) Can I take BETAHISTINE if I have asthma? A) No, you suggested not to take BETAHISTINE if you have asthma. A chemical called histamine is one of the reasons for asthma attacks. BETAHISTINE is a histamine analogue, which means, it acts in the same way as histamine. It only makes it worse for asthma patients.