Azithromycin Dry Syrup: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT AZITHROMYCIN
AZITHROMYCIN is a macrolide-type antibiotic. AZITHROMYCIN used to prevent and treat a serious type of infection (mycobacteria or MAC).
• Stomach upset
• Nausea and vomiting
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR AZITHROMYCIN
• Take AZITHROMYCIN with or without food daily at the same time for best results.
• Shake the bottle to loosen the contents in the bottle. Dilute AZITHROMYCIN as directed with cold water. You are recommended to avoid mixing up AZITHROMYCIN with hot water.
• Allow the mixed solution to soak for 1 minute and shake well until the granules are mixed well with water.
• Avoid heavy meals, dairy and milk products as you may experience stomach upset with AZITHROMYCIN. Take light, and non-spicy meals.
• Complete the full course of antibiotic and do not leave it in the mid-way despite symptomatic relief.
• Speak to your doctor immediately if any of these rare but serious side effects occur: fast/irregular heartbeat, severe dizziness, fainting.
• Using this medication for prolonged periods may result in oral thrush or a new yeast infection. Speak to your doctor if you notice white patches in your mouth, or other new symptoms.
• Tell your doctor about your medical history, especially of liver disease, kidney disease.
• Keep your doctor informed if you are taking any other medication along with AZITHROMYCIN.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) How is AZITHROMYCIN helpful?
A) AZITHROMYCIN works by inhibiting the synthesis of bacterial cell wall, which is necessary for their survival, thereby destroys bacteria and treats the infection.
Q) Is AZITHROMYCIN safe to take for a long time?
A) No, you are strongly recommended to take AZITHROMYCIN in prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor/pharmacist. Taking AZITHROMYCIN unnecessarily for a long time may make you prone to very serious fungal and bacterial infections that are difficult to treat.
Q) Does AZITHROMYCIN cause irregular heart rhythm?
A) Yes, AZITHROMYCIN can cause irregular heartbeats. You are advised to speak with your doctor before taking AZITHROMYCIN if you have or ever had any underlying heart conditions like arrhythmias (improper beating of the heart, whether irregular, too fast or too slow).
Q) Does AZITHROMYCIN cure flu?
A) No, antibiotics such as AZITHROMYCIN will not work for the treatment of flu or other viral infections. Using antibiotics when they are not needed may increase your risk of getting infection later that resists antibiotic treatment.
Q) Can AZITHROMYCIN be taken for the treatment of sore throat?
A) Yes, AZITHROMYCIN can be taken for sore throat. However, AZITHROMYCIN is not the first line of choice for treating strep throat. Your doctor may prescribe other antibiotics like penicillin or amoxicillin which are used more often for strep/sore throat.
Q) Can I take vaccination while on AZITHROMYCIN medication?
A) No, you are advised not to have vaccinations/immunizations unless your doctor prescribes. This is because AZITHROMYCIN may intervene and cause live bacterial vaccines not to work.
Q) How to store AZITHROMYCIN?
A) Do not store AZITHROMYCIN above 25°C and keep it away from heat and sunlight. Store it in room temperature and do not freeze it. Keep out of the reach and sight of the children.
Q) Does AZITHROMYCIN cause diarrhea?
A) Yes, AZITHROMYCIN may rarely cause a severe intestinal condition (Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea) due to a resistant bacterium. You may experience this condition during treatment or weeks to months after treatment has stopped with AZITHROMYCIN. Avoid using anti-diarrhea or opioid medications to treat diarrhea. Tell your doctor right away if you develop: persistent diarrhea, blood/mucus in your stool.