Azilsartan Medoxomil Tablet: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT AZILSARTAN MEDOXOMIL
AZILSARTAN MEDOXOMIL uses
AZILSARTAN MEDOXOMIL is an angiotensin II receptor antagonist. It is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) in adults.
• Muscle damage
• Low blood pressure
• Feeling tired
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR AZILSARTAN MEDOXOMIL
• Take AZILSARTAN MEDOXOMIL with or without food daily at same time for best result.
• AZILSARTAN MEDOXOMIL is not recommended for children and adolescents.
• Do not take AZILSARTAN MEDOXOMIL if you are pregnant because it may harm your unborn baby.
• Your doctor will advise you to get blood tests done before and during the treatment to check kidney function, blood pressure, and potassium levels.
• A low fat and salt diet along with exercising is highly recommended to enhance and compliment treatment with AZILSARTAN MEDOXOMIL.
• Inform your doctor if you are already taking any medicine used to treat high blood pressure.
• Bring to your doctor's knowledge if you have kidney, liver, heart problems, low blood pressure and if recently had severe diarrhoea or vomiting.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How does AZILSARTAN MEDOXOMIL work? A. AZILSARTAN MEDOXOMIL works by blocking angiotensin II receptor. Angiotensin II narrows the blood vessels, so AZILSARTAN MEDOXOMIL blocks its effect and allows the blood vessels to relax and widen. Due to this, the pressure within the blood vessels is reduced, thereby decreases the blood pressure.
Q. Does AZILSARTAN MEDOXOMIL cause hyperkalemia (high potassium levels)? A. AZILSARTAN MEDOXOMIL may cause hyperkalemia, a condition with an increase in the potassium levels in the blood. AZILSARTAN MEDOXOMIL may decrease aldosterone (stabilize blood pressure by regulating salts and water) levels and decreased levels of aldosterone cause hyperkalemia. It is recommended to use with caution in patients who are using potassium-sparing diuretics or potassium supplements and in patients with impaired kidney function.
Q. Can AZILSARTAN MEDOXOMIL be taken with other blood pressure lowering medicines? A. It is advisable to check with your doctor before taking AZILSARTAN MEDOXOMIL along with other blood pressure lowering medicines because it may lead to unnecessary lowering of blood pressure which can lead to dizziness, fainting and other harmful conditions.
Q. Can I stop taking AZILSARTAN MEDOXOMIL on my own? A. Please do not stop taking AZILSARTAN MEDOXOMIL without consulting your doctor on your own as it may lead to rise in blood pressure.
Q) Can AZILSARTAN MEDOXOMIL cause hypoglycemia? A) No, AZILSARTAN MEDOXOMIL does not particularly cause hypoglycemia (sudden lowering of blood glucose levels). But It may cause lowering of blood pressure levels which can mimic signs of dizziness, blurry vision and sleepiness which are also common in patients with hypoglycemia. In that case take a salty drink and do not force yourself to get up instantly. Get up slowly when you feel better.