Atracurium Injection: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT ATRACURIUM
ATRACURIUM belongs to a group of medicines called muscle relaxants. ATRACURIUM is used to relax muscles during operations and to relax the muscles of adults in intensive care.
• Decrease in blood pressure
• Muscle weakness
• Rash or redness of your skin
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR ATRACURIUM
• ATRACURIUM should be given by healthcare professionals.
• Your doctor or nurse will administer ATRACURIUM into a vein.
• Avoid taking ATRACURIUM if you had a severe allergic reaction to ATRACURIUM or anaesthetic before.
• Keep your doctor informed if you have neuromuscular disease and myasthenia gravis.
• 1 month old children should not receive ATRACURIUM.
• Breast-feeding mothers, pregnant women are recommended to check with your doctor before taking ATRACURIUM.
• Do not stop ATRACURIUM suddenly without consulting your doctor.
• Always keep your doctor informed about the ongoing medications or the ones which you have taken in the past, including over-the-counter medicines and herbal medicines.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) How does ATRACURIUM work?
A) ATRACURIUM has a nondepolarizing mechanism of action. Neuromuscular blocking drugs like ATRACURIUM works by interrupting the transmission of nerve impulses at the neuromuscular junction. Neuromuscular blocking drugs provide skeletal muscle relaxation for facilitation of intubation of the trachea.
Q) Does ATRACURIUM contain narcotic substance?
A) ATRACURIUM does not contain any narcotic substance. ATRACURIUM belongs to a group of skeletal muscle relaxants. ATRACURIUM helps in relieving pain and stiffness in certain medical conditions and injuries.
Q) Which medicines I should not take with ATRACURIUM?
A) Some medicines may reduce the effect of ATRACURIUM or interact with ATRACURIUM or cause serious side-effects when given both at the same time such as furosemide, phenytoin or carbamazepine, donepezil, lithium, chloroquine, anaesthetics, steroids and also medicines used to treat infections (antibiotics), medicines for high blood pressure. So, always inform and check with your doctor before taking ATRACURIUM with other medications.
Q) How to store ATRACURIUM?
A) Store ATRACURIUM in a refrigerator between 2 and 8°C. Do not freeze. Keep out of the reach and sight of the children.