Atorvastatin Tablet: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT ATORVASTATIN
ATORVASTATIN belongs to class of medicines known as statins that regulate fat metabolism.
• Joint pain, muscle pain and back pain
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR ATORVASTATIN
• Take ATORVASTATIN irrespective of meals with plenty of water.
• You are suggested to eat more fruits (apples, oranges, pears) and vegetables (spinach, lettuce, carrot, cucumbers), oats, soybeans to lower cholesterol.
• Check with your doctor if you are intolerant to any sugars before taking ATORVASTATIN.
• Inform your doctor if you have hypothyroidism, muscle pain, kidney or liver problems.
• If you are using any other medicines, bring to your doctor’s notice before taking ATORVASTATIN.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How does ATORVASTATIN work? A. ATORVASTATIN belongs to class of medicines known as statins that regulate fat metabolism. ATORVASTATIN works by lowering cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood. ATORVASTATIN is used to reduce the risk of heart disease.
Q. Can I take fusidic acid with ATORVASTATIN? A. No, it is suggested not to take fusidic acid with ATORVASTATIN. Fusidic acid when taken along with ATORVASTATIN may cause muscle pain, weakness or tenderness. However, consult a doctor before taking ATORVASTATIN.
Q. What foods should I avoid while taking ATORVASTATIN? A. It is advised not to take more than 1 or 2 small glasses of grape juice per day as it may interact with ATORVASTATIN causing unwanted side effects.
Q. Does ATORVASTATIN cause diabetes? A. No, ATORVASTATIN doesn’t cause diabetes. However, there may be increase in blood sugar levels. Hence, careful monitoring of blood sugar levels is advised.
Q. Can I take ATORVASTATIN with ezetimibe? A. No, it is advised not to take ATORVASTATIN with ezetimibe. Taking ATORVASTATIN with other statins like ezetimibe may lead to side effects such as depression, breathing problems, diabetes. However, consult your doctor before taking ATORVASTATIN.