Amoxycillin Tablet Dt: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT AMOXYCILLIN
AMOXYCILLIN belongs to the class of penicillin antibiotics. AMOXYCILLIN is used to treat various bacterial infections in the body.
• Nausea (feeling Sick)
• Skin Rash
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR AMOXYCILLIN
• Take AMOXYCILLIN irrespective of the meals. You are suggested to maintain a time gap of minimum 4 hours between the doses.
• Take AMOXYCILLIN by dispersing in water and drinking or take directly with water.
• You are suggested to avoid spicy and heavy meals as you may experience stomach upset with AMOXYCILLIN.
• Consult your doctor if you develop skin rash, swelling of throat or face while taking AMOXYCILLIN. Also keep your doctor informed if you are allergic to AMOXYCILLIN.
• Keep your doctor informed if you have kidney problems or irregular urination.
• Complete the full course of antibiotic. Do not leave it in the midway despite symptomatic relief as it may lead to recurrence of infection.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How does AMOXYCILLIN work?
A. AMOXYCILLIN belongs to the class of penicillin antibiotics. AMOXYCILLIN is used to treat several bacterial infections in the body such as bronchitis, tonsillitis, infections of the nose, ear, throat, skin, and urinary tract infections. AMOXYCILLIN works by inhibiting the bacterial cell wall formation thereby kills bacteria and cures infection.
Q. Can I take AMOXYCILLIN along with tetracycline?
A. No, you are advised not to take AMOXYCILLIN with tetracycline because there is a possibility that effectiveness of AMOXYCILLIN might be decreased.
Q. Does AMOXYCILLIN alter blood or urine test results?
A. Yes, AMOXYCILLIN may significantly alter your blood and urine tests results. Inform your doctor before undergoing any tests while taking AMOXYCILLIN.
Q. Can AMOXYCILLIN be used to treat stomach ulcers?
A. Yes, AMOXYCILLIN may be used to treat stomach ulcers when used in combination with other antibiotics. However, consult a doctor before taking AMOXYCILLIN.
Q. What happens if I take more dose of AMOXYCILLIN?
A. You are recommended not to take more than the prescribed doses of AMOXYCILLIN as it may lead to adverse effects such as diarrhoea, crystals in urine which appears cloudy and difficulty in urination. However, if you notice any of these signs you are advised to make an appointment with doctor.